General Rental Information
l. The individual who will rent the car and the driver have to provide a valid driving license.
2. Avalid ID card or passport must be shown at the rental period.
l. Minimum age in Cyprus is 21 and the driver has to be in possession of a valid driving license for at least 3 years. Maximum age in Cyprus is 75.
2. A Surcharge of EUR 6.00 per day applies for drivers between 21 and 25 years of age and 71 and 75 years age. This surcharge applies to all cars without any exception.
Reservation, Cancelation and Extension of Rental
1. Cars are booked by group type.We will
do everything that is possible to meet our customers needs, however preferences are subject to availability at the time of rental.
2. Confirmation of booking will normally be sent via e-mail within 24-hours of the booking request.
3. All cancellations must be received within 48 hours from the time that the car hire is due to start. After this point one day’s rent will be charged as a penalty. We DO NOT offer Money Refunds. You online account will be credited for your next rental.
4. Should you wish to extend your rental beyond the agreed date, it is important that LARNACA CAR HIRE LTD rental office must be informed immediately so that the insurance coverage can be extended.
5. If the individual who has rented the car wishes to return the car to LARNACA CAR HIRE LTD earlier than the agreed period, then LARNACA CAR HIRE LTD will not refund anything for the days owed.
Conditions of Payment
l. We accept cash, bank cheques and all credit cards and debit cards from internationally recognized credit card companies – such as American Express, Diners Club, Eurocard I Mastercard, Visa. All credit cards and debit cards must be in the name of the driver and have to be presented at the beginning of the rental period.
2. At the time when the customer makes the booking of the relevant car in Cyprus, LARNACA CAR HIRE LTD. One day before Arrival we request to hold a deposit to cover the excess amount for insurance purposes, and the deposit which will be held is according to the type of the car from the credit and/or debit card of the customer.
3. LARNACA CAR HIRE LTD will unhold the deposit to the customer when he returns the car to the same great and/or excellent condition he recognizes that he receives it.
l. Vat is included in Rates
2. Unlimited mileage for car rentals tor rental period of up to 30 days.
4. Change of the car in case of mechanical breakdown ( only if the breakdown occurred from unforeseeable events)
5. Delivery in Larnaca town and Larnaca tourist area
6. Third Party insurance – C.D.W: Collision Damage Waiver with Excess ( does not cover any damage which was caused to the windows, windscreer, glass interior, personal belongings,wheels and/or tyres, the roof or undercarriage, side mirrors, and headlamps.)
2. Airport fees
3. Deliveries and collections
4. Early/Late Return
5. Fines, Toll Fees & Parking charges
6. Administrative fee for fines and damages
7. No show
8. Key/ Documents loss
9. Any help or a tow truck for the customer in case of accident or vehicle damage if it was caused by customer fault
l0. If the customer wishes to have an additional insurance instead of the standard CDW (Third Party Insurance)
then this is possible for an additional charge.
1 1 . Baby seats: Euro 5.00 per day (each)
12. Additional driver: Extra charge of Euro
5.00 per driver per day. 15 euro minimum charge
13. GPS Navigation: Extra charge of Euro 35.00 per day.
G.P.S. Navigation System must be
returned to LARNACA CAR HIRE LTD at the end of the rental period.
Cross Border Rentals A Territorial Restritions
l. Cross Border Rentals are not allowed.
2. According to the Cyprus Law any cars taken to the Turkish Occupied Area are not covered by any Insurance.
3. In case of any kind of offence or anything that may be happened in the Turkish Occupied Area is not covered by the insurance and all insurances lose their validity.
Returning your car
l. Unless you have arranged to extend your rental period, your car should be returned to the location and at the time that is mentioned in Rental Agreement. If the customer fails to comply with this term he will be charged the fee of an extra day.
2. Smoking and eating is strictly prohibited inside the car. Failure to comply with this term imposes a fine to the customer of
70.00 Euro which will be imposed.
l.All traffic fines and any/or any kind of fines which might be occurred during the rental period are the customer’s responsibility.
2. If the customer wants to pay the fine to the company, then the customer has to pay the total amount of the fine as well
as any administrative fees and/or expenses that the company will endure as a consequence.
Rental more than 31 days
LA RNACA CAR HIRE LTD has the right to change:
l.The excess amount of the insurance policy
2. Prices for equipments and extras
3. Extra mileage will be charge according to the type of the car.
l.The customer who rents a car from the company must perform daily checks to the car and must return the car to the company in the same excellent condition that he received the car on the commencement of the rental period.
(a) If during the relevant period, the customer encounters any issues/problems with the condition of the car, he must immediately contact the car rental company to inform about these issues/problems.
(b) The customer will not in any way attempt to resolve or fix the issue/prob lem by himself.
(c) The company will send authorized personnel to inspect the car and resolve the problem.
(d) If the customer does not comply with the term ( l) (b) above, any damage
that occurs to the car will have to be paid by the customer.
2. The customer does not have any right to change/ replace any tyres to the car by himself.
(a) If the customer causes damage to the tyres of the car he must immediately inform the company and the company will charge the customer at the amount of the new tyres that will need to be changed/ replaced.
(b) The customer accepts that the new tyres must be of the same brand and type as the non-damage tyres.
3. The company has the absolute right to charge the customer for any damages he has caused to the car, when this damage becomes known to the company, and after an inspection from the Company which will take place the maximum within 7 business days of the end of the rental agreement.
4. If the customer causes any damage to the car, then the company will need to provide the customer with a detail report of the total amount of damage/loss .
5. If the customer causes any accident then the company has the absolute right to terminate the rental agreement and not provide the customer with any other vehicle as well as not refund the customer for the remaining days of the rental period.
6. The customer accepts that only the person(s) who is listed in the car rental agreement is permitted to drive the car.
(a) If any other person(s) drives the car (unauthorized person) he/she will not be covered by insurance and (b) the unauthorized driver accepts full responsibility for his actions and must cover all the damages and/or losses.
7. The customer undertakes the responsi bility to accompany an authorized representative of the company to the nearest petrol station to fill the car with petrol or diesel accordingly and the customer is responsible to pay any difference. Failure to do so will enable the company to charge the customer with a penalty of 50 Euro.
8. When the customer returns the car that he/she rented from LARNACA CAR HIRE LTD the fuel has to be full and must provide, LARNACA CAR HIRE LTD with a receipt trom the nearest petrol station. If the customer fails to provide LARNACA CAR HIRE LTD with a receipt, the LARNACA CAR HIRE LTD reserves its rights to charge the credit card of the customer with then relevant amount
that HIRE LARNACA CAR HIRE paid to the petrol station to fill the car with fuel and LARNACA CAR HIRE will provide the customer with the receipt from the petrol station if the customer wants that
Larnaca Car Hire also offers Car Leasing and Business Leasing, Please contact any member of the Laranca Car Hire team during working hours to enquire further regarding these services.